19 May, 2009

More things I'm looking forward to

I've been pondering and decided there were even more things I am looking forward to:
  • Australian medical system - I understand it and they understand me!
  • "Getting" more of what is going on.
  • Not hearing people say "Zeebra"
  • Aussie TV
  • 2 liter bottles of milk
  • Being near some friends who've been hurting and being able to be more of a friend to them.
  • Australian parks
  • Australian-flavoured libraries
  • Second hand clothing stores
Things I'll probably miss:
  • my breadmaker and rice cooker
  • my freezer
  • hand held shower
  • udon (one style of Japanese noodles)
  • friends I have here
  • a house of stuff that we chose and own
  • shoes-outside-only rule
  • everything/one being a little shorter
  • bikes (presuming we don't suddenly find 5 bikes in Australia)
  • weekends free of work
  • gas for cooking
  • rice sandwiches (Japanese call them onigiri)
and probably other things too, but I can't think of them right now.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Wendy. You can even get 3L bottles of milk if you want. Melissa

Wendy said...

Oh yeah, forgot that. I do remember that 3L were pretty ungainly bottles to pickup and pour, though.

Mrs Q said...

We have a spare bike that would suit one of your boys that you can have while you are here. One down, four to go.

Wendy said...

That's great Mrs Q. Which boy would it fit - 4, nearly 7 or 10?

Mrs Q said...

I was thinking for the 10, but a large 7 could perhaps manage. I think I know what you mean about the elephant,feel free to email privately. I may have some clues.

Melissa said...

There are offers of a bike for a 4 yr old as well.

Wendy said...

Melissa, with trainer wheels?
Mrs Q, I think D is a short nearly 7-y.o., so maybe his older brother would be better.

Wendy said...

Sorry about the Australian/US spelling error. One person has picked it up. Anyone else?

Mrs Q said...

Yes, I noticed the liter should have been litre.