22 May, 2010

More house photos

It has been a busy day, but ending nicely with lunch-dinner (What do you call that - when you have a main meal in mid-afternoon?) with good friends.

Non-Aussies, beware that there are a number of nouns coming up that you might not know. Sorry, I'll try my best to explain.

Nevertheless, I feel compelled to share three more photos with you. Two of the kitchen. I cannot believe it will 'inherit' this amazing American sized stove (as we say in Australia - elsewhere?). Most Japanese houses don't come with cooking equipment at all and indeed many Japanese don't own an oven at all. This kitchen also has an amazing amount of storage space in it for a Japanese kitchen. I can see that I'm going to have to adjust to having a tiny kitchen bench (counter) again, though.

The third photo is looking out toward the front door. The amazing thing about this view is the toilet (sorry Americans, that is what Aussies call the room that has that pedestal in it!) - the second toilet in the house. Another bonus. We've never had two toilets in a Japanese house before. So, we lose our ensuite, but at least we have two "little boys rooms".

1 comment:

Footprints Australia said...

I'm so thrilled for you!!! A second toilet is such a bonus, we are still very much appreciating ours ;-)