12 August, 2012

Breathing space at the end of an intense summer

I need some breathing space! I just realised that that is the problem I'm struggling with just now as I read this blog post by a mum with more boys than mine.

We've had the boys on holidays now for more than nine weeks. It's always intense when they're home, but travelling with them as we've done increases that intensity. Now we also have my mother-in-law with us for 2 1/2 weeks, which ratchets up the intensity even more. I need some breathing space.

They've all just walked down to CAJ for a time and I very gladly made the excuse that I needed to get some groceries (but have sneakily stayed home for a short bit to type here before I shop).

We've had a lot of fun together. The latest being a two night camping trip to Nikko, north of Tokyo from which we returned yesterday afternoon. A post will come on that. It was gorgeous. We've discovered another wonderful and accessible area to explore in the future.

It's been a lot of fun, but intense too. I am sooooo ready for everyone to go back to school! Less than two weeks are left, can I make it?

1 comment:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

You can do it Wendy! Hang in there. Hope the next two weeks go smoothly and that you all enjoy having D's mum visit.