23 April, 2009

10 more positive things about me

Okay, take a deep breath, here I go: 1. I love to cross stitch and have made a baby sampler for each new niece or nephew who has been born (except the two who were well past babyhood before we were married). 2. I love to read. Realistic fiction, historical fiction, biographies/autobiographies, Christian non-fiction. This is a positive list so I won't mention the genres which I cannot stand, but are so popular... 3. Cooking is something I love to do, especially baking. I take pride in providing healthy evening meals for my family. I enjoy baking with my boys too. 4. I am a morning person, I won't mention what it is like at the other end of the day. Except to say that these days I often get a second wind about 9pm, but have to go to bed soon afterwards anyway, otherwise I won't even be a nice morning person the next day! 5. I like to iron while watching TV. 6. Which reminds me of cricket. I am a cricket fan although I've never been to a live match. We follow cricket as best we can while we live in Japan. Summer to me is the sound of cricket commentary in the background. (I'm severely messed up in Japan, summer without cricket...) 7. I like to exercise, but preferably in a social environment. When I was younger :) I loved rebound volleyball - volleyball played in a squash court where the ball remains live when it bounces off walls. This is not good for your knees or wrists. Now I go to Curves three times a week and enjoy the break from our crazy household as well as the increased energy it gives me. 8. I am an extrovert who thought I was an introvert for many years until we had a psychology assessment for our application to come to Japan. It turns out I am an extrovert with a strong introvert shadow - no wonder I was confused. No one around me has ever thought I was an introvert, however (not that I know of, anyway). 9. I love to communicate - in spoken and written form. I guess that is why blogging and Facebook appeal so much. Nothing I love more than to go to a Ladies' retreat and talk and talk and talk. Can you guess what sort of a student I was? Yes - couldn't apply herself, talked too much etc. Until I got sent outside the headmaster's office in grade 5. I began to reform myself after that and became a (mostly) very conscientious student. 10. I love Jesus. Everyday I thank Him for His love for me. When I'm down I go to the Bible and remind myself of His love and care for me. I try everyday to live as one who is loved. I wish everyone knew Him, especially those I love most.

3 comments:

JN said...

I loved reading your list! I don't think I've answered your recent comments. I'm still in Japan... until mid-July. I could really resonate with your dilemma of what to start packing while you still need to live. Let me know if you figure it out! :-)

Melissa said...

Rob has just started watching the IPL cricket. It is available here on one of the new digital channels. It's all sport all of the time. I'm not sure if you would be able access some of the coverage in Japan.

Shan in Japan said...

Hi Wendy,
Shan Reed from Osaka here. I don't know if you remember meeting me at the JEMA ladies' retreat, last year maybe. I was Ruth Weston's roommate.
Anyway, I found you on Coffeegirl confessions and have added you to my list of blogs. It is fun to hear what God is doing around Japan and how fellow missionaries are coping with life here. I appreciated your article in the Japan Harvest recently.
You'll have to go to my blog to see a picture of me if you aren't sure who I am:)