20 April, 2009

Energy deficit

We're praying for babysitters. With less than 10 weeks until we fly to Australia, we still have so much to do. Weekends are our free-est times, yet we're limping into them and barely coping with getting rest and looking after our children. This last weekend we found no energy left over for packing. There is not much we can cut from our schedule. My husband is required to work and I have children to look after and teach everyday. I have to still feed my family and keep the place reasonably clean (which is not very, compared to some standards). The only thing we can think of doing (aside from praying for energy that matches the task) is asking people to look after our children while we get some packing done. That is all I have energy for at present...now we're off to CAJ for much of the day and several errands too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose it depends what part of the state you end up settling in, but if you need a hand when unpacking in Qld, give me a call and I'll see if I can pop around to lend a hand for an afternoon - my time is somewhat free-er now that I'm not in Year 12. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you again; it's been quite a while!

Anika

Wendy said...

Thanks Anika. We'll let you know. Actually, throughout our year in Oz, we'll probably be doing out-of-hours work and will be looking for babysitters. We won't be able to pay a lot, though...

Tim and Susan said...

Hi Wendy,
Glad you have seen - read my missionary mom blog. I need to really keep updating it a priority. It's more fun to do our family blog (DriscollDaze) since it is more off beat kid stuff. Hey, I hear ya, about the stress of packing and moving...it totally overtakes life for those few months. Hang in there. You'll make it...even if you have to stay up all night.

Wendy said...

Thanks, Susan. I REALLY hope we can get it done without losing a whole night of sleep. It takes me days and days to recover from loss of sleep like that. I was a terrible new mum! You guys will be moving again soon. I didn't find it so bad to pack up to come back, but then we have less stuff in Australia than we do here.