02 February, 2016

The unexpected

Good memories of time spent with Dad during our
home assignment year. So thankful!
February and early March was already looking crazy, with David and Callum going with the wrestling team to Korea from the 14th to 18th and me going to Bangkok from the 20th to the 28th, then away for a two-night ladies retreat a few days after I get back.

Then, over the last few days we've become aware that my father-in-law is terminally ill; cancer he had removed several years ago has returned in several places. We're not sure how long he has left, maybe months, or perhaps only weeks.

David's trying to decide when to go back to see his dad one last time. It's a hard decision. Thankfully lots of people are praying for us. 

I can't see us doing all this in our own strength (we're already tired from how crazy January has been). It's time to again lean into God's loving care.
Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,

    and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord

    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV 

2 comments:

Amanda Hunt said...

Hello! I have been looking for new Christian blogs written by fellow Aussies and came across yours. I've added your blog to my reader. Nice to 'meet' you.

Wendy said...

Welcome Amanda. You've been blogging a lot longer than me! I'm impressed. I love to meet other Aussies here.