06 June, 2012

"Roast" turkey/chicken in Slow Cooker

On Monday we ate delicious "roast" turkey legs, even though I was out of the house from 8.20 till 5pm! This is the simplest recipe and totally delicious. The turkey was so moist! And the whole thing (minus the end bits) took me all of 10 minutes to do.

1.5-2kg of turkey/chicken pieces (mine were turkey legs)

Baste the pieces with the following mixture:
1 tablespoon soy sauce (if soy sauce is a problem for you, I'm sure you could substitute something else here)
1 teaspoon of oil
1 teaspoon of garlic, onion or celery salt (I think I used powdered garlic and some onion pepper)

Toss the meat in the slow cooker, no liquid added.

I cooked it for nine hours on low, but my husband tells me it was cooked about three hours before we ate it. It varies for each slow cooker, mine is fairly small and cooks fairly fast.

Before serving I took out some of the juice and added Gravox to make gravy.

It smelt like roast turkey, looked like roast turkey, tasted like roast turkey. Terrific!

No comments: