28 January, 2012

And occasionally everything collides in the one week...

A whole lot of things collided this week, making it hard to get "here" and keep a track. Let me give you a quick rundown.

Sunday-Monday I had a yucky cold. Did what I could, but not very energetically. I did do 30 pushups (easy ones) on Monday and paid for that for the next couple of days!

Monday night it snowed leading to
Tuesday — a "snow day" at CAJ and everyone stayed home, meaning I struggled to get much of what I'd planned to do, done!

Wednesday — was probably the easiest day of the week, but I was running to catch up a lost day. I had an editorial meeting in the morning, which always produces work to do, then I had the gym to go to (only time I managed it in the week, due to illness and other factors), and grocery shopping. And I smashed up some ice in front of our house with a garden spade (lacking any other equipment), to make it safer for pedestrians.

The winner of the Minty wrapper competition
(Minties are an Australian lolly (candy), in
this competition, you have to tear the wrapper
into as long a strip as you can. It was popular.)

Thursday — I caught a train (on an unfamiliar route) to a missionary women's prayer meeting for the day. So blessed and so loved, by God and by friends that day. Oh my! Especially blessed by a friend and faithful reader of this blog who I rode home with. She said, "I read this posts about criticism you've received and wonder what on earth people are saying to you. I love you because you are you." Well, this is the gist of what she said, but I was so incredibly encouraged by her words and the day in general.

Friday — the biggie. I lead the English Bible study at 10, got home at 11.45, just before my missionary friend came for our Bible study over lunch. Then I caught a train just after 2 to meet a Japanese friend for a haircut in my old neighbourhood. By this time my head was aching and home medicating wasn't working, so on the way home I dropped into the doctor (one time when a doctor with first-come-first-serve worked well) and asked his opinion. He was concerned it might be sinusitis, and gave me some medication. Then I came home and jumped straight into Australia Day party preparations. Whipped up a pavlova next to my husband making meat patties and frying them. Our guests arrived between 6 and 6.30 and left around 9. Phew, what a day!

Divvying up the pavlova at our Australia Day party.
Saturday/today — Alarm rang at 6.15 and we were off and running for a day of barracking at wrestling. After we wrestled with Tokyo traffic! Got home at 3.30, tired, but happy. And tonight, after about three days of headaches, my head is feeling pretty good (though needing to go to bed soon).

I don't like being this busy. In fact it stresses me out. You have to know that in the midst of this, other stuff piles up too. Like emails (and a phone call) about editing decisions I need to make, etc. Hopefully next week will be better.

And tonight I received another encouragement. A friend reminded me that my devotional with The Upper Room (my second paid-publication ever) was scheduled for today. Many people in many countries and languages saw it today. If you want to have a look, it's here.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Congratulations on your publication :)
Hope you have a quieter week this week! And that you're feeling better too...