23 December, 2011

We're back in the big smoke

After six days and nights in the mountains we're back home again. During our time there we went ice skating, skiing, sledding, and curling (explanation tomorrow). We "discovered" an all-you-can-eat Japanese restaurant (thanks to a friend's recommendation), played at the Lego shop and cycled around in near 0 degrees temperatures. We met a group of foreigners at the local International Chapel on Sunday afternoon (and I ended up playing the piano for their meeting).

In between times we watched a couple of old movies, played board games, read, and did jigsaw puzzles. In case you were wondering, there is a lot of energy going in our family. There is also plenty of blogging fodder there, and I'm not going to write about it all today. In fact I'm going to write about very little of it today.

Now I'm back I'm glad to see a number of responses to my competition. I'm looking forward to some more entries, you have until the 4th of January!

I'm glad we got to spend the week away from home doing some unusual things because the boys are pretty crazy leading up to Christmas. Some energetic distractions were very helpful to us as a family. Here are some photos from our week away.
The easier of the two jigsaw puzzles we completed over the week.
Ice skating. No one was very good, but they all had a go (except me,
with a strained knee, I didn't get to skate or ski).
Sledding fun after a day of skiing.
The slope the boys learned to ski on.
All-you-can-eat restaurant, included fairy floss, cook-your-own meat
and several flavours of icecream.
Board games
I'll be back tomorrow with more details, including the most dangerous sport we encountered...and it wasn't skiing or skating.

1 comment:

April Mack said...

Fairy floss! I love that term. Much more appealing than "cotton candy." :)