24 January, 2011

Out-of-sync

One of my first-days-at-school.
We are half a year out! CAJ is entering its second semester today, on the same day that many in Australia are starting the first day of a new school year. 

Even though we grew up with it that way - Christmas, summer holidays, watching cricket and then school starting - it still seems odd. Maybe because my feet are encased in Ugg boots and my winter jacket is hanging on the chair behind me?

My boys hardly believe me (especially our nearly six-year-old) that their former Australian classmates are starting a new grade level. "How come we're behind them?" they ask. My two oldest are entering the third semester of their grades - they'll do one-and-a-half years of grade two and grade six. But then, they both only did half-a-year of grades one and five! 

It is an interesting education that our boys are getting.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's a cute photo of you. We took similar ones on Monday.