29 November, 2010

How'd today go?

I guess I probably owe you a follow-up on yesterday's post. All the kids were back at school in the first "normal" school day in ten days. In fact our eldest had basketball practise from 6.40 and I didn't even see him before he left. Our middle son left at 7.55. We're letting him walk to school on his own these days and he seems to be motivated. So I hardly saw them. Then I walked to school with our youngest at 8.25 and then I had the day to myself. After the long weekend - joy! 

I guess I'll get used to it, but I find the micro-transition from having children around all the time to not having any at all a bit hard. When I came home, even though I had a list of things to do, I felt a bit at a loose end.

But just to tie up some other loose ends, yes, everyone except me got sick last week with a tummy bug. By Friday night all was well again and our youngest had the spark back in his eye (that took a remarkable length of time to arrive). Thursday and Friday were Thanksgiving holidays from school, so we had a long weekend. We didn't get too much done because we were still recovering from being sick. We did go to Costco again and David helped another missionary move on Saturday.

In terms of behaviour, our middle child was still giving me curry tonight. I don't know why he is being particularly difficult at the moment. We're hoping that a more regular schedule this week will help him and everyone else to settle down a bit.

Oh yes, and I finally got my haircut - two weeks after I felt I desperately needed one. And yet again my hair was blow-dried until it lay limp and flat against my head. Very sad.

I need to go and sort out some cross-stitch threads now, to start my next project.

No comments: