09 August, 2010

A touch of homesickness.

Oh dear, a touch of home sickness this morning. As I sat down to write the evening meal menu for the week, I could only think of what I didn't have - and things I could easily have bought in an Australian grocery store. Made writing a menu difficult.

I've also found myself missing a few Australian TV shows (can you believe?!). Time for some re-orientation.

We're getting to the boring end of school holidays and it also hit me during the night that David returns to full-time at-school work next week. A week before the boys go back. Oh no, how am I going to cope?

Yep, having a pity party this morning. Quite uncalled for. Instead I should be counting my blessings, which are many.

Just to remind myself, here are some (in not particular order):
Our new car arrives today (not that we can drive it yet - still waiting on paper-work).
My husband is currently vaccuuming the fly screens.
I've had my husband around the house almost full-time for more than 12 months. He is a wonderful person to have around. Terribubbily helpful (you can tell we've been reading The Muddle-Headed Wombat stories).
Our boys are now helping around the house more too (another blog story in this one).
I am sitting in a house that is unpacked. A miracle in itself!
Today is cooler.
I have health (mostly) and lots of people who love me.
I have money to go and buy groceries and a fridge to put them in when I come back.
I don't have to take the boys shopping with me!!
I have heaven to look forward to.

3 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

It is okay to grieve stuff, you know. Even what might seem silly stuff. No, you don't want to wallow in it, but you are living a very different lifestyle that does entail some sacrifices.

Hippomanic Jen said...

I hope you're feeling balanced and positive soon.

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Know what you're saying Wendy. I'm missing a few wthings now myself! Great list of things to be thankful for though!