16 August, 2010

E-mail and the post bring exciting moments in the heat

The day started slowly. In this heat it is hard to do much else. Before I got out of my PJs (yes, I did sleep late) an exciting parcel arrived. It contained two Occupational Therapy assessments. Real ones. Ones that I've only previously used at my workplace. I can hardly believe that I now own two bona fide OT assessments. I could be able to move forward on this "prong" faster than I previously thought.

After I'd recovered from that surprise, (it arrived faster than I'd anticipated) I hung the washing out. That took recovering from too. It is awfully hot here at the moment. Well into the mid 30s.

Then I hunted out and eliminated most of the dust bunnies and the sandpaper fragments that keep falling off our walls in the stairwell and landing. That took some recovery time too. Vacuuming in the heat is not fun. But I am grateful I have a roof over my head. Those who are working outside in this heat have it much worse.

A couple of hours after that my e-ticket for Hong Kong arrived. Excitement is rising in me and it's beating the fear of travelling internationally on my own. Less than two weeks and I'm on my way to a week of concentrating on writing. Amazing. I can hardly believe that too.

After all this excitement about the future it is back to the Now. Feeding the boys, making them rest after lunch and exploring our local sports centre's indoor pool. Only nine days left until the start school. I am not ashamed of the fact that I'm counting.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Which assessments did you get??

Wendy said...

VMI and TVPS.

Camilla said...

Please enjoy your week of you time - I'll be living vicariously through you that week!

Wendy said...

Millie, I will try to enjoy every minute! And try not to think of my husband trying to work full-time as well as care for three boys who've just started school. I've already frozen meals for them. Now need to cook snacks and bread.