26 August, 2010

New schedules to adjust to

Today we have staggered return times for the males of the family.

5 y.o. finished at 12
7 y.o. finishes at 3.30
11 y.o. finishes at 5.30
Husband comes home at something 9 or 10ish.

Both the first and last of these are unusual. Our youngest is in kindergarten at CAJ. They have a lead-in of seven days of early finishing times. From next Friday he'll begin having full days. 8.25-3.30.

My husband has a meeting at another school related to the interschool competitions that he 'coaches' kids for. This is one is a start of the year meeting, thankfully.

Our new middle-schooler has joined the school cross-country team and trains from 3.45 till 5.30 three times a week now. Sport here is more intense than it is for most schools in Australia. He'll have 'meets' most Saturdays from the 11th of September. His real passion is basketball, but that is not offered until the "winter" season. This will be good for his fitness, as well as a way to make friends. It is an adjustment for me to not having him home until so late. My child is growing up! I don't even have to go and get him. We live close to school and it is safe enough for him to walk home on his own.

Meanwhile my youngest have some "just you and me" time today and tomorrow. We have to go out and get him some more sandals and shorts. Three summers in 15 months has worn our boys' wardrobe down quite a bit. I'm so ready for some cold winter, I tell you!

No comments: