26 August, 2017

Baking and a new work-station

We're getting back into school-time routine. One was me baking on the weekend. During the summer, with our boys sleeping longer and not doing sports, we discovered they ate less snacks, so less baking was required. However we're back to sports and early rising, so snacks are back. 
Last week I made a recipe called "Spotty Cake" and just saying the title has the power to make my boys go weak at the knees. I don't think it is warranted that kind of honour, but I can't dispute the evidence. (Here's the recipe, I included it in a post a few years ago.)

As you can see, it's nearly finished, so I made Fat Mama Cookies this afternoon (and no, I don't like the name, but they are yummy, basically chocolate chip biscuits with powdered oats included).
Thanks to my wonderful husband, I've also had a work-station change over today.

From this:

To this:
I've worked from the first desk for more than a decade now, but as I've been hoping for a couple of years to find something a bit wider, but not actively looking. It's not easy to find something that fits the space available and yet can accomodate the laptop, printer, and a second screen (the second screen is very handy when I am very often working between two documents at the same time). It just so happened that someone at school heard that someone else was giving away this desk and my husband's ears pricked up.

I've done a bit of work here this afternoon and like the wider desk. But in order for it to work, I think I need a separate keyboard with a touch pad, because sitting on the side at the laptop and twisting my head to the big screen isn't going to work long-term. Does anyone have a good recommendation (for a Mac computer) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

No comments: