28 October, 2011

An exciting week

I wrote on Monday that I was looking forward to a quieter week and that I'd report back as to how it went.

Well I have indeed had a quieter week than the previous fortnight. But it's also been an exciting week.

Tuesday, as I reported here, went as planned and was fun. Actually the next day I felt quite refreshed by my burst of creating the day before, slightly regretful that I couldn't continue straight away, but definitely more energetic than earlier in the week. I must remember this for the future. One way to recharge my batteries is to have a burst of creating.

Wednesday and Thursday were largely computer-days. I knocked some things off my to-do list. But a few unexpected things happened that have me excited.

Firstly my husband was able to book us another campsite for a trip away in November. You might remember how excited I got about our summer camping adventures (check here for a reminder)! This will be a bit different, a different campsite, cooler and no water play. And this time we're going to an autojou which means we get to park our car next to our tent. Standby for further reports...

The same night we started to look at possibilities for travel next summer. Our plan has been to come home to Australia for a portion of our long break from school. To visit family and friends and our main supporting churches. In addition to that we wondered about tacking on a trip to Uluru (formerly known as Ayers Rock) while we're there. Neither of us have been the the centre of Australia and it's a bit strange when we meet Japanese who've seen more of our home land than we have. So we did some preliminary investigation. We both love planning and possibilities excite me (the price tags did not). But it was fun to look-see and think and dream of the future.

The third exciting thing I blogged about here. It was seeing my son maturing into someone I'd like to know, as opposed to someone whom I'm slightly embarrassed to be related to!

The fourth exciting thing is an answer to prayer. Back a couple of weeks ago while we (the editorial team of Japan Harvest) were rushing to put together the latest edition, God impressed upon me to pray for a new team member to join our team. This seemed an unusual thing at the time, these sorts of impressions don't happen to me very often. However I did, and, hey presto, on Sunday I had a somewhat random in-the-pews conversation with someone after church. It almost accidentally (of course, no accident, but it wasn't directed my me) turned to editing. To cut a long and detailed story short — we had a meeting yesterday and we have a new team member, at least for a trial run on the Spring Edition next year. I'm excited, I'm very excited.

So, my quieter week has been full of blessings. And I'm thankful.

No comments: