30 November, 2017

Autumn in Tokyo yesterday

This week is a bit of a slower week and yesterday was an extraordinarily warm, sunny day for late November (high teens), so I took the time to go out on my bike. I rode through my usual park south of us, went a bit further south (discovering some nice back streets) to a coffee shop and a little bit of Christmas shopping. 

I picked up an onigiri (Japanese rice ball) for lunch and picnicked on my way back home in a little park I discovered just south of the bigger park. Though surrounded by suburbia, it was very quite most of the time.

Just like in spring, this time of year you find unexpected surprises around many corners. Instead of flowers, it is coloured leaves.

This was sandwiched between buildings.

This was in the park (I didn't have my big camera with me. Apologies for the blurriness.)


And the twin seats I've often sat on and photographed before (below is what they look like in June).

This was across the road from the big park. Just gorgeous.


This was a portion of the small garden at the end of the little park I sat in to eat my lunch. A curious little place.

I discovered one of the white-gloved men at work rearranging bikes! Most of them are beyond retirement age, I don't know how they manage, lifting these bikes all day.

It was great to get out for some exercise and explore our local area a bit more. I enjoyed getting away from my computer and the warm autumn air. I soaked it in before the grimness of a Tokyo winter (my least favourite season here). Today is cold, grey, and drizzly. I'm glad I had the time and opportunity to go out yesterday.







No comments: