08 April, 2024

Day 18: A day on the Snowy Mountain highlands



Wrinkled grasshopper? These made a funny 
Clicking sound as they flew. 



Flush toilet on the hill!

 A beautiful quiet, sunny day. I fact we hardly heard any human voices all day. Our hosts and the two nearby campers were gone for several hours. 

I struggled with anxiety in the morning as we continued to struggle to make plans to get me seen by a professional who could deal with my pain and swelling. I ended up calling Doctors on Demand and while the doctor could give me no guarantees, just talking calmed my fears. 

We read (I finished at 280p book in under 24 hrs, but was disappointed in the cliffhanger ending). Word puzzles, Scrabble, and I started a new craft: wool felting. After a simple dinner of soup we walked up the hill behind our campsite and watched the sky change colours as the sun set. 

No comments: