02 May, 2019

Happy to help

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the level of customer service in Japan. I want to add another example. 

Last week I went to get more asthma medication for myself. Doctors don't issue repeat prescriptions here, but my doctor will prescribe several months' worth of inhalers for me that I can buy all at once. However, the pharmacy didn't have the four inhalers that were on my script. They apologised more than once and asked if it was okay if they mailed them to me later.  This package arrived a couple of days later, hand delivered by a private vendor. Wow!


The next day I was on the search for an ingredient to make an icecream cake for our son's birthday over the weekend. The cashiers had these vests on! It embodies the attitude of people in the service industry here. They usually bend over backwards (often running at the same time) to help you, to the point that if they can't help you it's embarrassing.

1 comment:

MOM2_4 said...

True! I've even had the pharmacy personally deliver a med! However, I haven't gotten to the point where I can get more than a months worth of medication at one time, except just this month the doctor said Kei could come back in 2 months... I think that is a 1st when meds were involved! BTW, that's the same inhaler I'm using now.