10 June, 2018

Hump week

I feel as though this last week was a "hump" week for me, as in, "we're over a hump". Briefly, here's why:

A pretty amazing Wisteria vine, propped up like a tree.
We sat under here over lunch on Saturday with friends
who are leaving Japan, probably permanently.
🌀 I finished the last of the OMF Japan social media posts I am responsible for, now I'm handing it over to others. 
🌀 I finally got beyond the starting line on a big project for our time in Australia: a photo album about our last three years. 
🌀 School is practically over, only 1.5 days left and goodbyes have begun. 
🌀 My larder is starting to look emptier!
🌀 We've heard that, though we don't yet have a house to move into, that's in hand and we've been promised enough furniture to make it livable. 
🌀 Someone has promised us an eight-seater van that sounds like it's in great condition. Very similar to what we currently drive, but considerably younger. 

It all adds up and I feel like we might glimpse a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel soon. David finishes work on Friday (officially) and he has a number of things to do for us, including dealing with car ownership, banks, and other practical details to deal with related to things like internet and phones. 

It feels like we're starting to get to the end of trying to do our usual lives here, as well as manage planning for our transition, as well as preparing for our ministry and lives in Australia. Phew!

On to the next week (third last). Praying we don't lose momentum now!

No comments: