22 April, 2018

Thrift Shop finds

I'm already in Sapporo, but before I left I took photos of some of our Thrift Shop finds, because I know that there are a few people who really like it when I post them. So, without further ado:

This was found in free-shopping time. It's a really soft, stuffed "toy" that can be draped around the neck. I knew our youngest was looking for something really soft like the Minion he gave me for my birthday and so when I found this, I knew I was onto something. He loves it.

 More books. All these were free! And a beautiful furoshiki, a Japanese wrapping cloth (traditionally used instead of a bag), also free.

A portable art easel, for use during deputation presentations. You'll probably hear more about this later in the year.

Ice pack holder with a velcro strap for wrapping around limbs. For a sporting family, this will come in handy.

Free CDs.

This one I bought. I traditionally buy one puzzle for holidays, usually the Christmas holidays, but this year we won't be here for Christmas, so it will have to be for some other time, maybe summer next year.

Two friends who couldn't make it to Thrift Shop asked me for favours and I was able to deliver. No idea what Candy Land is, though...

My backpack has packed it in. I found a "new" one for 200 yen (AU$2.40). I used it to get to Sapporo today and it's passed the test.

I eyed off this necklace/earring set all week and when it hadn't been sold by the end, I was able to pick it up free. The other earrings were in a packet of earrings that cost me 150 yen. I pulled these out and re-sold the packet. I wore the earings today all day and they also pass the test.

I believe this was part of our youngest son's youth group costume. Following Thrift Shop they have a light competition as to who can come up with the wackiest costume sourced at Thrift Shop.

Two more parts of the costume.

And a couple of other shirts he found.

And finally, some beautiful notecards. I've got a specific use in mind for some of these in the next couple of months.

We definitely took more than we bought this year, which is a good thing (and some of the things like the above backpack and also a kitchen rug actually are just replacements for things that will be thrown out). It's so easy to accumulate too many things. Now that we're not moving out in June and potentially not even have anyone to sublet our place, the challenge to keep a lid on our junk goes up a notch. Moving is such an helpful thing for helping you figure out what you really do want and what really is not necessary.



No comments: