06 March, 2011

T'was a wonderful few days away, but...

We're paying for it now. The boys have obviously been holding it in and finally my return allowed them to let go and all the bad stuff came out (not that they were perfect while I was gone, mind you). 

We've had all sorts of yucky behaviour over the weekend and I'm surmising that it is partly due to the unusual week they've had. Unfortunately I didn't come back perfect, either. It was nice to have a break from constantly keeping order in the ranks, but I guess I couldn't ignore the ranks too long.

Now I'm nose to nose with other things too - like an empty fridge, no menu for the week, dust bunnies in the corner, a pile of articles to edit, a pile of emails in my inbox and a growing list of "must gets" from the grocery store. 

Ah, here comes everyday life - whether I'm ready or not.


No comments: