15 October, 2010

Cooking excitement


Ah, all sorts of cooking satisfaction around here. First I have a large oven. I've inherited some great large trays to use in it. The rectangular one in the photo is one of them. The square-ish one is from my Japanese electric oven/microwave. I discovered last week I can put four large trays in the oven at the same time - more than twice the capacity of my electric oven. Wonderful!

Then my new slow cooker arrived this week too. During our year in Australia I grew to love the slow cooker someone gave us. And I've been having withdrawal symptoms. Therefore I ordered one from a foreign import company last month. On Wednesday I cooked 1.4kg of mince (ground beef) in it with room to spare. I'm very happy with this new purchase. 

Then today, as I waited for our youngest to finish his piano lesson after school, my husband waltzes up to me with a box under his arm. It contained a sandwich toast/waffle maker. One that a missionary who is moving overseas doesn't need any more! I love the missionary lifestyle - giving and receiving freely is a wonderful way to live.

I am extra happy. All the appliances I could want (except a dishwasher but there's no room for that). Now I'll have to get down to using them all.


1 comment:

-J said...

I'd love to know what your favorite slow cooker recipes are. I'm just learning.