09 December, 2020

Choc-chip shortbread

On Saturday morning over breakfast I indulged in some cookbook browsing. I was tired, but had high aspirations of getting some seasonal baking done. I came across a recipe in my collection that I'd never tried, but looked easy enough for a tired Saturday's baking. It's garnered high praise at home, and one of my Facebook friends asked for the recipe, so without further ado, here it is:

Ingredients
250g butter, softened
½ cup icing sugar, sifted
½ cup brown sugar
2 ¼ cups plain flour
¼ cup rice flour
150g choc bits

  1. Beat butter and sugars.
  2. Stir in the flours and choc-bits into butter-sugar mixture.
  3. If it's hot, you can wrap the dough in plastic wrap and rest it in the fridge for 30 minutes, I didn't need to do that with the room temperature around 18˚C.
  4. Shape spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on tray. They didn't flatten in the oven, so I'd recommend squishing them a little.
  5. Bake at 180˚C for 12-15 minutes or until golden. My oven is "hot" so I used 170˚C for 12 minutes.
  6. Cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring off the tray.


No comments: