Here are some things that have happened that weren't on that list:
- I went to Hong Kong for a Writer's workshop for a week.
- David's father had a hip replacement and then was diagnosed with cancer.
- We spent a weekend in Canberra and Easter holidays travelling to and from family in central Queensland.
- I have one new nephew and another niece or nephew due in the next month.
- We found a house to move into before we even left Australia's shores and the move back to Japan was the easiest yet.
- So we are now living very close to the school where four out of our five members spend their weeks. Very convenient and better than what we imagined might happen.
- We went our first family camping trip and had our first go at ice skating (though David and I had been before many years earlier).
- We drove through a barbed wire fence. See that story here.
- Two of my sons had a go at learning a musical instrument.
- My eldest son broke his left pinkie twice.
- He also represented his school in both cross-country and basketball - with joy.
- I lost a few cms from here and there.
- With medical help I overcame two long-term recurrent health issues.
- For the first time I was paid for a piece of writing I did.
Looking at the above list, however, much good has happened in 2010. Compared to the challenges I see in many lives around me, we've had a great year! I wonder what is in store for us in 2011?